I got an email from a person tonight, inviting me to get into line for HOVRS MVP... So, I tried to sign up. But I needed a Purple Number. Huh? What Purple Number? I looked high and low and everywhere, and I couldn't find a Purple Number. What are they talking about? So, because I couldn't find an answer to this Purple Number thingy, I decided to call customer service. Hmm. You have to get a Purple Number from the person who invited you. It's not a phone number. It's a special Purple Number.
Ah well. So much for that.
And what's the deal with all of these hoops you got to jump through? What for? And what exactly am I lining up for? And how long is that line going to be?
Nah, I'll either buy a Viable VPAD or patiently wait for a HOVRS MVP... Though I could use MVP for work! I make a lot of phone calls at work... Using www.sprintcaptel.com, which is a bother, because people can't call me that easily. I sure could use HOVRS MVP! It looks sweet. But it's not worth the hassle. All these hoops to jump through... Just like the effort to become "purple" in order to be able to watch exclusive movies... But that was worth the effort. I'm not sure the MVP is worth the effort...
I guess I should investigate the VPAD... [Update: OK, I just researched the VPAD. It's not available for public sale yet. :-( Companies are such a tease! You know it's available, but it's not quite available yet. Do they have to be so cruel? Sure, it's available at DeafExpos, but there are none near me in the near future. And OMG, $699?!? Sigh. That's expensive for a mobile phone. (I know, technically it's not a mobile phone, but you get the analogy - it's MOBILE!) Try $399 (the price of the most expensive iPhone, for example) or $299, and maybe I'll get one. Gosh. You just gotta save up money to get a VPAD, I guess. I'm not sure I want to spend $700 for a VPAD :-( :-( Well, OK, I'll just put down '$$$' on my wish lists for Christmases and Birthdays from now on! Ha ha. We'll see exactly how long it takes for me to get a VPAD.]
And is it just me, or do you have to wait FOREVER for these things? I know I had to wait forever for my VP-100 and VP-200! And all this time I was only trying to get my VP100 fixed because it was somehow misconfigured after my router broke, and I had to get a new router. So I was sitting there with an unusable VP-100 for MONTHS.
19 comments:
CSDVRS will be selling two types of VP's this fall.
Check out www.csdvrs.com and click on "Z".
Thanks, J.J.! I didn't know that. I looked at the webpage you gave me. That looks pretty nifty! Wow. Thanks, again!
So do I! I could not find any instructions on how to get a purple ticket number. My friend even invited me in an email to get a free MVP but I could not even find a purple ticket number in that email. Sighed. I guess I will have to holler at hovrs rep on sorenson vp and ask the obvious question - how do I get a purprle ticket number ????
I was told by HOVRS rep that I will get MVP if I use HOVRS service as loyal customer. Now I am concerned that non loyal customers will get MVP earlier and I have to wait longer if I did not any invitation. That is very unfair as I already use HOVRS a lot.
I also asked HOVRS how to get a number and was told simply that "somebody" will give it to me and that since my status was already purple, it would be happening "sometime". Not very specific, huh?
A question: how are these portable devices different from a laptop with a webcam and wireless card? I'd think the laptop would be a better alternative since it also has internet capability.
I asked my roommate about it, he gave me the purple number so I input it in and does NOT work. :(
I dunno what's up with that!
email me smart_dish@yahoo.com
I will invite you MVP, I work for HOVRS.
Name & email address.
The other day I got the email from a friend like this one.
Your friend, xxxx Jxxxx, sent you a private invitation to be among the first to get a free Mobile Video Phone™ (MVP™) from Hands On VRS®! MVP is the only truly wireless video phone that goes where you go. Join your friend in line now, and even move to the front in just a few steps. Check out MVP and get started today!
I found it unprofessional for HOVRS to do that kind of promotional.
Is it some kind of hoax or fake?
It's not an hoax. It's real.
Purple Number is a local 10-digit phone number that you can get after you accepted an invitation and put in Purple Ticket Code.
Purple Ticket Code is what you needed to get started with qualification process to get your MVP.
Ask the person who send you the invitation for Purple Ticket Code.
palmtree on deafvideo.tv offered to refer people to MVP using his purple ticket nmbr....I did not pay attention closely to his nice vlogs for his email address...nice guy but at this time I have no use for a first gen MVP
That's lot of Anonymous in here and I don't know which one are same or how I gonna respond. HA.
If you already have laptop with built-in webcam, it's good enough to make you a road warrior.
One anonymous wrote on July 23, 2008 5:19 AM: HOVRS said - MVP is the only truly wireless video phone that goes where you go.
IT IS NOT TRUE!
ViableVRS offer wireless VPAD. We are familiar with VPAD since it had been around for about a year or so yet everyone is new with Z-340. I have VPAD so I know. Let me tell you more about it. CSDVRS' Z-340 model offer wireless. If you do some comparison between MVP and CSDVRS' Z-340 - the Z-340 is much better than MVP.
At recent NAD conference, like I asked HOVRS who made the videophone, they wouldn't tell me so I looked at their purple videophone; I looked under it and see Leadtek was the company that built their customized MVP. I did the same thing with CSDVRS – one guy told me straightforward; I became suspicious about MVP because they wouldn’t tell me so I decided google to learn more about these two companies. Now we know Leadtek is the company that made MVP. Creative InPerson is the company that made Z-340. If you do a comparison, you will notice that Creative InPerson do offer better video quality than Leadtek.
The Z-340 has -
Features include:
• Wi-Fi
• Rechargeable, removable Lithium-ion battery
• Auto Login
• Auto Answer
• Screen Saver
• Speed dial
• Call History
• Contact List
• Take Photo during video call
• and many more cool features!!!
I was told at NAD conference -
The MVP has built in battery, you will not be able to remove it while Z-340 - you can!
I am not sure about how reliability the CSDVRS’ Z-340 is when it comes to portability and wifi access for example, if a wifi location, you needed to sign through web browser & login to use their wifi service. Some people say, I can while some other people said, they’d need to find out. That’s only one issue I have now but overall the Z-340 is the best and smallest videophone in the VRS market. I went ahead and brought me two Z-340 then I will play around with it once I receive it sometime in September/October.
CSDVRS will give you your local and direct phone number with the Z-340 and Z-150. Same way you will get your purple number through HOVRS except that they are twisting your arm to give them referrals of your friends' phone number and they test your loyalty. CSDVRS doesn't - you buy, you get it, and get the number. NICE!
If you're interested in learning more about the Z-340, I'd suggest you to contact CSDVRS or visit DeafNation Expo to get more information.
Freelance Deaf IT Analysis
While you were at NAD convention, Did CSDVRS tell you whether Z-340 will have a browser??
Thanks
Tthe 340 videophone sold by CSDVRS doesn't have an internet broswer.. but I think this is smart. Here's why:
- internet browsing takes up more battery life
- why do you need internet browswer on your VP when you already have it on your pager or laptop or PC?
- I saw on a video somewhere that in order to get to the Internet browswer on the MVP from HOVRS you have to go through a lot of different steps and there is a delay between the time you press the button and how fast you get the vp to respond..
...not too excited about the MVP honestly.
I bought a 340 too at NAD and can't wait to get it! I like knowing I OWN it, and don't have to refer friends or anything silly like that. It's MY videophone and I can do whatever I want!
Hello Everyone - I just wanted to give you my opinion here. I feel dizzy seeing all the different new videophones coming out but I have to say that I don't understand why HOVRS made their VP in purple color. Who wants a purple videophone in their office? Kind of tacky, really. I'm also a bit nervous that if my MVP from HOVRS breaks, it will take a long time to replace it as the battery is hard to get out and it belongs to the company.
Thanks for doing this post - I believe that we should educate ourselves and do our homework before picking a VP.
I was contacted too by a purple person from HOVRS and don't understand the whole purple process. HOVRS seems like a nice company but they should chill out on all the purple stuff. Makes me think of Barney on TV, you know the stuffed animal character singing to kids?
Oh well.
Hey, just for the record, the new iPhone 3G starts at $199 and $299. That's it. There's no $399 for an iPhone right now.
Where do you buy the VPAD?
LOL - Jonathan - I was quoting the ORIGINAL price of the iPhone when it first came out! :-) I can't keep up with the price changes of the iPhone :-)
My daughter whom is deaf received this purple invite letter. what a run around. I am furious that they are exploiting the deaf for something that is too expensive for most deaf and is very badly needed and wanted by all of them. I made the l-800 call for her and was told that a "rep" had to call me or email her to invite her. Well, the letter was a bait and tease . It is a cruel thing to play on a persons need and I intend to report them to the TX Utility Commision soon if they dont produce or stop this nonsense. I noticed most posts were from 08, interesting to see they are still doing this and that there is already one on the market. Thanks for you alls input, i intend to ck the csdvrs.com out.
I got this email the other day as well. I emailed friend A and I got email from friend A with this message and nothing else. It said I was referred by friend B to be eligible for this videophone. I didn't understand why friend A would respond to my email with this advertisement/referral email, not to mention the message said I was referred from friend B. The whole message obscured the actual email message from friend A. When I viewed the message on another computer I saw their actual message and no indication of this mobile phone. I think it is some kind of intrusive coding.
Post a Comment