Saturday, October 11, 2008

Comcast again...

Well, I've been busy... Well, Comcast is raising the price for internet access $10 a month! It's going from $50 a month to $60 a month. My paltry budget can't stomach that, so I'm switching to a DSL. Plus, I'm voting with my money. I refuse to pay a $10 increase. Wish me luck on the DSL.

I was also thinking about writing to my local phone company to ask if I could only pay for one phone line instead of two, as I have a CapTel at home, and my mother is too lazy to call the special 800 number before calling my home phone. For more information, see http://www.captionedtelephone.com/2line-captel.php (Great, it says optional, it's not required. But for me it's required. If it weren't for the 2 phone lines, I'd be stuck with my mom on a regular phone and I'd keep saying "huh"? "huh?", frustrating both my mom and I.) Anyway, I might petition my phone company to ask them to let me only pay for one phone line - one line is for outgoing calls only and the other one is for incoming calls only, anyways. Why pay for 2? If anything, I should probably only pay for 1 1/2 phone line!

I'm also going to ask my DSL provider to let me have free internet, as it's REQUIRED for me to be able to use the VideoPhone, and being able to surf the internet and check your email is just a bonus *wink* Why not? It's worth a try! :-)

Anything to save a buck, what with the very tight finances I have right now...

2 comments:

Deaf Woman said...

Hi
I wanted to inform you that if you have vp and high speed internet, your mother doesn't need to call 800, then give operator your number...It's easier now...
As required by FCC, everyone must have their own 10-digit phone number. So, Sorenson is giving you and everyone their own real phone number. My best advise is to call Sorenson 800 659 4781. Ask him/her to explain to you about getting your own phone number. No more having to explain to use 800 number then use other number to contact you. Watch video to understand how this works, then give them a call. Everyone is required to have their own 10-digit number by Dec 31st, 2008 as required by FCC. Good luck and have a great day! :-)

Deaf Woman said...

PS
Website is www.sorensonvrs.com