Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I had a dream...

Gosh, what you see on TV can really influence your dreams!

Before I went to bed last night, the weather forecasters in my area had said that we had thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches.

I remember being really scared that there would be a tornado watch. What if it went over to a tornado warning? How would I know if I was in a tornado or not? I can't hear while I sleep. And would I wake up? I'm very difficult to wake up.

On to sleep. I dreamt that my whole family was at a shopping center. There was this really strange noise. I couldn't place what it was. No one explained, either, because they didn't know. It was something that no one had ever heard. There was this big group of people coming out of a mall across from the shopping center, crossing a busy highway. I was scared they were going to be hit by cars. At the same time, the strange noise was still going on. Then there was this announcement over the speakers that this was a tornado warning. Omigosh! We need to GO! We go to a fallout shelter. How we got there I don't know. Coincidentally, it's a middle school in my town, that's rather far from the shopping center we were just at. A big sign saying "fallout shelter". Lots of people milling about.

We walk in. Lots of cots. A big screen. Cats all around, too. I found this to be very puzzling. Cats. A gray cat. A striped cat. None of these is my cat. Where's my cat? Then the big screen comes on. Closed-captioning and an interpreter! Wow. What great equal access! Both! (I don't know if there is descriptive video for those with low vision, but it's basically an announcement, so perhaps they don't need descriptive video?) [Somehow, I see Barack Obama in that announcement... But I prefer Hillary Clinton! :-( Is this my way of seeing the future? Would Barack Obama actually be president? Interesting...] I was gleeful. Then we all went to our cots. People started coming in with dogs. My family and I were all worried about our dogs at home, and our homes. Between all of us, we have 3 homes, 4 dogs and a cat. Why wasn't I worried about my cat? And why in the world was I seeing my mom's dog who passed away last year, but not the new dog? I also saw a cat who passed away last year. Weird. Then the storm passed. We left. My mom got a call from her cellphone. It was one of her neighbors reporting on the house. Then the dream ended. I don't know what the neighbor told her. By the time I woke up, it was already morning. This made me happy because that meant I no longer had to worry about a tornado watch turning into a tornado warning - for now.

I'm only mentioning this dream, because it contains an example of equal access, and a prediction of the winner of the Presidential election! :-)

No comments: