Saturday, November 15, 2008

Barack Obama's Video Message

I guess Barack Obama, our President-Elect, is now a vlogger! But... I can't find a captioned version of this... I guess we'd have to wait for the captioned radio, right? Ha ha. *wry chuckle*

A link to his video is here: http://change.gov/newsroom/entry/your_weekly_address_from_the_president_elect/

I see that it has a transcript below, but it'd require me to scroll down, and the video goes away. I want to WATCH AND READ at the same time, like captioned TV. I see it's also available on AOL, Yahoo, and MSN. But do you want to bet a dollar that NONE of these have captions? I want to have the option to toggle between captions and no captions, like abc.com, and a few selected Google videos, and Project Read-On.

Do any one of you know where we can watch a captioned version of this weekly video message?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

scroll down within the videolink and u will see the Obama transcript

peace

patti

Test said...

http://billcreswell.wordpress.com/2008/11/15/obama-nov-15-weekly-address-captioned/

Anonymous said...

Obama's campaign Website offered separate but equal doctrine in form of videos with captions offered apart from the main video window. We're supposed to enjoy same productions together. The aforementioned is no different than black folks eating the same but in the back kitchen out of sight of white folks eating in the dining room. Don't get me started on McCain's part.

Anna said...

Patti, I did, but when I scroll down to read the transcript, the video scrolls up and disappears from view... :-(

Anna said...

Bill, THANKS so much! I'll check it out. It's easy enough to do, right? Just load the transcript into the captioning software, and voila, captions, right? :-)

Anna said...

If they take the time to write a transcript, why not do captions as well, or instead of a transcript? Transcripts take up space on a webpage... I really want equal access for all...

Anonymous said...

it is great to have the video captioned so u can see obama on screen saying these words with the text simultaneously at the same time i really LOVE when transcripts r up because i can search and lift too quote from folks - us a "find" function or it will key up in a google search much easier i believe than if it was solely just a captioned video (not sure if the text would register in a google search - suspect only the tag words would show up in a google search where as if the full transcript is up much much more would show up in a google search)

bill - u da bomb

peace

patti

Anna said...

I could care less about Google searches. I want the option to turn captions on and off. I'm not the only one who's taking an issue with the lack of captions on change.gov...

http://www.disaboom.com/Blogs/deafmom/archive/2008/11/17/dear-barak-obama-please-caption-your-videos.aspx

http://somewhatsilent.com/

http://blog.overstream.net/2008/11/16/the-accessible-youtube-presidency/

Anonymous said...

Yes, Bill Creswell rocks!